Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Are these okay

ahhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhh Registered User Posts: 490 Member
edited February 2008 in AP Tests Preparation
I am currently taking these ap classes....and was wondering if they will help me get a 5.. I haven't got great scores on these AP test so...i want my senior year to be all 5's

AP Lit --Barrons
AP Bio-- Cliffs, and Barron
AP (Regular..not Comparative) Government and Politics---5 steps to 5
AP Macroeconomics- 5 steps to 5
AP Calculus BC---petersons...

what else should i do to get a 5 on these exams...
Post edited by ahhhhhhhhhh on

Replies to: Are these okay

• dchow08dchow08 Registered User Posts: 3,267 Senior Member
    What should you do to get a 5? You should learn the material!

For AP Lit, you have to read literature. I like Amazon.com: 5 Steps to a 5 on the AP: Writing the AP English Essay (5 Steps to a 5 on the Advanced Placement Examinations Series): Barbara Murphy: Books. I saw it at a bookstore and I wish I had purchased it for the AP English Language test.

Test prep books will help, but they're not going to guarantee 5's. You need to work hard in your classes, and you can't just read a test prep book and expect to get a 5, like magic.

Read your textbook. I dislike how many people try to avoid reading textbooks by buying all these test-prep books.
  • ahhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhh Registered User Posts: 490 Member
    well..i am pretty confident on biology and government...but for econ...this is my teacher's first year teaching...that's pretty bad....then for english....we watched rudy...i practically learned nothing in that class.....calculus....idk...its hard...but i dink i will be okay....

so...any advice on econ and english primary..
  • dchow08dchow08 Registered User Posts: 3,267 Senior Member
    yeah, for literature, you can't really study. You just have to have a knowledge of several books (you need to be able to cite specific examples from specific books in order to support your argument, and you can't use the books, so you have to remember what happens in many of the books you read). Try going to collegeboard.com, click on For Students, and then search around for old AP English Lit tests, so you know what I mean.
This discussion has been closed.