Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AP English Language essay question

roxloroxlo Registered User Posts: 328 Member
edited February 2008 in AP Tests Preparation
Okay, so I am going to be taking the SAT and AP english language around the same time, so I'm trying to figure out what I should do different for the essays. I have worked on essays for the SAT, and I can fit in well with that time. But is it wise to go through the AP essays like the SAT one? (It would leave me a bit of time to spare, also)
Post edited by roxlo on

Replies to: AP English Language essay question

• innervisionsinnervisions User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 221 Junior Member
    No. The AP essays are much more in-depth, and require a far more comprehensive response. Using a couple real-life examples from studies and culture is rewarded, similarly to the SAT's, but you're not going to be responding to a generic question, you're going to be responding to a passage (or series of passages, with the synthesis question), and that needs to be a focal point of your essay. You also need to be familiar with a lot of literary terms that the SAT doesn't bother with, and be able to analyze them and/or use them yourself. Buy the Cliffs AP Eng Lang/Comp book and take a look at how to approach these.
This discussion has been closed.