Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Retaking a 4

cheeky2126cheeky2126 Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
edited February 2008 in AP Tests Preparation
I got a 4 on the AP chem exam two years ago and I actually plan to be a biochem major (or something geared along those lines). Most colleges I'm applying to are in the northeast (some ivies) that don't accept 4's.. or maybe for placement exam purpoess and I really do not want to take the introductory chemistry course. Is a 4 worth retaking or should I just take intro chem?
Post edited by cheeky2126 on

Replies to: Retaking a 4

• It'sGr82BeAGatorIt'sGr82BeAGator Registered User Posts: 513 Member
    If the colleges you're considering don't accept 4's then I would consider retaking it. But since you said you took it two years ago, you're gonna have to brush up on most of the material.
    It all depends on what's more important to you in the end. If you want to move to advanced coursework at the start of college, then retake it. If you want a nice GPA, then take the intro class.
  • googol123googol123 Registered User Posts: 171 Junior Member
    ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?
    Most Ivies don't even accept chem/bio AP's anyways so you'll end up taking them again. Do this only if you already got admitted to that particular college and is 100% sure you're going there.
    And even if you really want to skip that semester/quarter of chem, just take the placement test.
This discussion has been closed.