Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What if you take an AP class but don't take the test? Does it hurt your chances?

blubberxyzblubberxyz Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
edited February 2008 in AP Tests Preparation
If so, how badly? I feel completely unprepared to take AP Physics B.
Post edited by blubberxyz on

Replies to: What if you take an AP class but don't take the test? Does it hurt your chances?

• SillyWillieSillyWillie Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I am not taking the AP physics B, my teacher said if your unprepared don't take it because it's just a waste of $84. I don't know if it hurts you are not, but most of my class isn't taking it.
  • franglishfranglish Registered User Posts: 2,308 Senior Member
    No. It doesn't hurt you at all. Your scores are not reported to the colleges, unless you decide to report them. You will have been accepted to college long before you take the test (May) and get the results (July). UNLESS you are a junior or younger taking APs. In that case, colleges might want to know why you didn't take the tests or report the scores.
  • blubberxyzblubberxyz Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
    Yep, I'm a junior.. so that means I have to take the test, even unprepared? :x
  • sports61khsports61kh Registered User Posts: 1,025 Senior Member
    yea i would like to know as well
This discussion has been closed.