Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

BC Calculus Thread

BCgoUSCBCgoUSC Registered User Posts: 832 Member
edited May 2009 in AP Tests Preparation
Okay for all of you people taking the BC Calculus exam or who have taken it, what kind of tips do you have. Also if anyone could post a link to a site with a TI-83 program that is good for the BC exam that would be great.
Post edited by BCgoUSC on

Replies to: BC Calculus Thread

• Variance2004Variance2004 - Posts: 802 Member
    Do a lot of practice exams...
  • sagar_indurkhyasagar_indurkhya Registered User Posts: 1,491 Senior Member
    yeah i am guessing... I am planning to work out all the free response from APCentral.

How can I best prepare for MC? I am planning on just going through as much of barrons as possible?

How much harder than the real AP exam is barrons?

Where can I find some nice online tutorials on Seq and Series?

I heard that CB releases MC q's once every 5 years? Where can I find these questions?

These are just a few questions buzzing through my mind...
  • imiracle911imiracle911 Registered User Posts: 3,309 Senior Member
    Our school had a final exam simulating the AP exam which started on 8:30 with a 15 minute break in between last saturday. Try to simulate the test condition and do the practice tests. I think Barrons is good enough. For the MCs you might have to buy them.
  • CC AdminCC Admin Administrator Posts: 32,334 Senior Member
    try mr.calculus for seq and series. And though I haven't taken the real BC test yet (countdown-7 days), I think that Barrons may be only slightly harder than the actual exams (based on the MC/FR that I got off Collegeboard.com.
  • BCgoUSCBCgoUSC Registered User Posts: 832 Member
    I think that Barrons is definately harder because I did not do well on the AB practice exams last year but made a 5. What is the link to Mr. Calculus?
  • SK1415SK1415 Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    barrons is hard...does princeton review do a good job of prepping?
  • CC AdminCC Admin Administrator Posts: 32,334 Senior Member
    http://users.adelphia.net/~sismondo/index.html, helped me; hope it helps you too.
  • dallasasiandallasasian Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    Does anyone have any suggestions for what to study for the free response questions? Like what are the type of questions that frequently pop up. ie: area between two curves...
  • ronlivsronlivs Registered User Posts: 420 Member
    for bc, the questions that are differnet from ab are on taylor series, parametric, and polar, usually.
  • neha1neha1 Registered User Posts: 1,853 Senior Member
    wats TI-83??
  • ThaRussianThaRussian Registered User Posts: 178 Junior Member
    BC Calc exam was all good...until Part B of the Free Response...***!, I had no idea what I had to do, or I didn't know what the hell they were asking, I left like half of it blank, holy crap when I got to that section it was like I drove off a cliff...
This discussion has been closed.