Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Chemistry Prep Book - Demmin?

videogames9videogames9 Registered User Posts: 144 Junior Member
edited October 2008 in AP Tests Preparation
I'm wondering if any of you have used the AP chem prep book by Peter Demmin. My teacher is selling his book for a combined total of around $35 (he claims it's the best book out there and specifically states that it's better than PR).

Can anyone tell me if the book is useful, if the price is higher, if I can get it cheaper elsewhere (I checked Amazon - no dice) and if I'm alright sticking with Princeton Review (since that seems the be the consensus already here). Thanks.

Amazon.com: AP Chemistry -Student's Solutions Manual To Accompany- (Multiple Choice & Free Response Questions In Preparation For The AP Chemistry Examination): Peter E. Demmin: Books
Post edited by videogames9 on

Replies to: Chemistry Prep Book - Demmin?

• avmanavman Registered User Posts: 316 Member
    My teacher is recommending that book too! What a coincidence. Ours is only $33 though because we have a lot of people getting it. I'm going to buy it because my teacher recommends it. She didn't "make" us buy, she said it was a good review book and that PR, Barrons, etc are also pretty good.
This discussion has been closed.