Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

AP SPanish language help!!!

puma0414puma0414 Registered User Posts: 216 Junior Member
edited November 2008 in AP Tests Preparation
I personally find the multiple choice for the listening omprehension section of the exam to be very difficult. Anyone have any tips for doing well on these questions?
Post edited by puma0414 on

Replies to: AP SPanish language help!!!

• bluewatermelonbluewatermelon Registered User Posts: 733 Member
    practice? i have trouble on it too
  • deviationsdeviations Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    i know some prep books come with cds (i think barron's might). just practice, practice, and practice.
  • latenightworkerlatenightworker Registered User Posts: 150 Junior Member
    The listening comprehension is pretty easy for me. My strategy is to imagine that I am in the same situation as the people speaking on the CD (for example, if they are a couple of students talking to each other in the hallway, I imagine myself as one of the students and think about how they might react to what the other party says).

^ If that makes any sense, of course... =/ It works for me, though.
  • alebeaualebeau Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    Well, it just seems like you need to do some practice. I am not a native speaker, however, I've met tons of friends and have studied Spanish vehemently for the past 3 years. I consider myself to be fluent now. Although I've never taken the AP test (but I will), I have taken standardized test for the state (Louisiana) and I've come in first place. What you really want to do is either make some Spanish friends maybe chat by microphone or just listen to spanish music, TV, whatever. I'll tell you this, once you can understand Spanish music, the rest is a breeze... So, that's what I recommend you do.

Good Luck,

--Andr
This discussion has been closed.