Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

100% correct AP tests

jsd472jsd472 Registered User Posts: 118 Junior Member
edited October 2008 in AP Tests Preparation
I've been told the college board recognizes students who get 100% on an AP test(s). I thought they were supposed to keep that sort of thing secret. Has anyone ever received a notice about having 100% on a test?
Post edited by jsd472 on

Replies to: 100% correct AP tests

• baselinerbaseliner Registered User Posts: 122 Junior Member
    I didn't find this piece of information in the collegeboard website..
  • TheMathProfTheMathProf Registered User Posts: 810 Member
    I had a student three years ago, who was getting 100% on the last two or three mock tests in a row prior to the exam. (She's the only student who's ever come close.) I don't know whether she would have gotten there on the real thing or not, but to my knowledge, the only thing she got was a 5 on the exam.
  • BigIsBigIs Registered User Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    As a student who earns 100% is not really different than one who earns 99%, there is no recognition, public or private, of that particular achievement. I don't think it's a very common event, and whether you score 100% or the statistical equivalent of 100% is partially due to luck.
  • princessmarionprincessmarion Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    i think i've heard of someone getting a certificate for getting 100% on the multiple choice of an AP exam
    i dunno if it's true or not
  • aigiqinfaigiqinf Registered User Posts: 4,032 Senior Member
    I think it's just an urban legend. If anyone has gotten a certificate for 100% on an AP exam, someone on CC has probably gotten one and can attest to the fact.
  • Shubham92Shubham92 Registered User Posts: 362 Member
    i think it would be a lot easier to get a 100% on an AP exam versus getting a 100% on the SAT.

i'd say its not uncommon, but it's definitely something that's not recognized by CB.
  • guitarman89guitarman89 Registered User Posts: 771 Member
    That's a good question. I've always wondered if any special recognition is given to students who score 100% on AP exams. I would guess that they probably don't. And if they did, someone on CC would be bragging about it and we'd all know.
  • jamesfordjamesford Registered User Posts: 3,447 Senior Member
    i think it would be a lot easier to get a 100% on an AP exam versus getting a 100% on the SAT.

Not really. Maybe the multiple choice, but for the free response it could rest on whether you get a nice grader or not. SAT essay grading is subjective, but it's much easier to ace the essay than it is to ace the whole FR section.
  • bluewatermelonbluewatermelon Registered User Posts: 733 Member
    is that even possible? those AP exams are HARD. they have trick questions and everything. especially for history.
  • ArachnotronArachnotron Registered User Posts: 1,761 Senior Member
    They're not allowed to report raw scores to anyone. Anything you hear about an award for "100%" is totally false.
  • xRoqqstarrxxRoqqstarrx Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    I thought it was impossible to get a 100% on any of the AP exams because questions are always getting thrown out and scores curved...
  • ArachnotronArachnotron Registered User Posts: 1,761 Senior Member
    It's within the realm of possibility to answer every question correctly...
  • hsong15hsong15 Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    In this website it says that student with 100% will get reported.(Calculus AB)
    Is this site trust worthy?
    http://www.totalregistration.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=494&Itemid=118
  • reb1rrreb1rr Registered User Posts: 127 Junior Member
    the guy in charge of all ap's at college board (ap trevor is his twitter name) tweeted that everybody who got perfect scores would be notified and their teachers would be notified so if they actually do get notified, I can't say but he definitely tweeted so!
  • YnotgoYnotgo Registered User Posts: 3,475 Senior Member
    They archive Trevor Packer's tweets on AP test results at http://www.totalregistration.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=494&Itemid=118

Search the page for perfect to see how many there were in each test. They do notify the schools about students with perfect scores, probably around December. If you Google, you will find various news reports in local media for press releases put out by schools. Most seem to be released around January.
This discussion has been closed.