Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

A good AP Biology online study group.......

pink33837pink33837 Registered User Posts: 181 Junior Member
edited April 2009 in AP Tests Preparation
I am looking for what the title says. If anyone knows a good online study group with kids that acutally talk about AP Biology please tell me about it.

Thanks
Post edited by pink33837 on

Replies to: A good AP Biology online study group.......

• motivated_101motivated_101 Registered User Posts: 750 Member
    yeah im looking for one too!
  • HSembhiHSembhi Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    Looking here as well!
  • LCHStateChampsLCHStateChamps Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    me too! we should make one lol.
  • rachael525rachael525 - Posts: 1,499 Member
    Facebook it!
  • pink33837pink33837 Registered User Posts: 181 Junior Member
    As lame as it sounds my mom doesn't want me to go on facebook so lets try something else.
  • prionprion Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm interested in forming a study group.
  • taco_brahetaco_brahe Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I second LCHStateChamps's suggestion to form one ourselves. The ones I found on facebook were either inactive, restricted to students at certain schools, or didn't really talk about AP Bio. =\

But since facebook isn't an option for pink33837 maybe we could add each other on msn or something? I haven't been able to find other social networking sites that would cater to the needs of an online study group. (google: im doin it rong)

Also, I'm curious to know what the specific purposes of this study group are (I've also never been in one lol). Will we clarify concepts that didn't really click the first time (assuming many of us have already covered most of the material in class/self-studying), cover material that we may have not yet covered in class/self-studying, or--gasp--help each other with homework/projects? Or all of the above? lol. Not that I have a problem with the third option, but I think many of us are aware of the controversy surrounding that topic, and I don't want us to get into any hot water for exchanging solutions, problem sets, or other material that we probably weren't supposed to in the first place.
  • tomjonesisthemantomjonesistheman Registered User Posts: 2,978 Senior Member
    dude this sounds like an awesome idea. pm for me my AIM or fb or somecrap.
    maybe we should make an AIM group
    It would be helpful for all of the self-studiers and would be great if some people who have already taken and passed the test to give us tips and study routine ideas.
  • Position69Position69 - Posts: 170 Junior Member
    count me in.
    aim is
    ostonzi
    Awesome. So we're doing this through aim, then?
    pm me for my aim
  • ChristianWuChristianWu Registered User Posts: 594 Member
    I am doing this for AP micro/macro! AIM study groups.

If interested post your info on the econ thread!
  • prionprion Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm in! PM me for my AIM, but it seems like you guys are on eastern time and I'm on the west coast.
    Why dont we form a group on yahoo.....
    Maybe we could try both? Most users seem to have AIM though.

Are aim groups similar to yahoo groups? I'm not too familiar with aim's services.

Or, what we could do is split off into two groups since there's about 8 in total who said they're interested. And then we could mix up some people maybe twice a week or something? I don't know how convenient that would or wouldn't be for people. Input, guys?
This discussion has been closed.