Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Just checking, too late to register for AP test?

corey91corey91 Registered User Posts: 902 Member
edited April 2009 in AP Tests Preparation
I am a home-schooled student (Junior) and I only just realized (through this board) that I am able to take the AP exams even though I didn't have the classes to take.

Since it is after the cut off date (March 1st) I won't be able to take the AP exams in time for them to be valuable for my applications, correct?
Post edited by corey91 on

Replies to: Just checking, too late to register for AP test?

• pink33837pink33837 Registered User Posts: 181 Junior Member
    Why would it not be valuable on your college applications??? My school doesn't offer any AP exams so I am going to have to travel to take them. (BTW I am also a junior)
    Oh I completely forgot to answer the questions lol. I think it's ok, because the school I am going to take the AP exam with said I have until April 3 to make the decision.
  • corey91corey91 Registered User Posts: 902 Member
    If I don't take the AP exams this spring the next time I could take them is spring '10 which would be after all of the applications and acceptances are over, right?
    Oh see I didn't know thats what you meant. I thought you were saying that if you pay late this year your score wouldn't come out or something. Anyway, you are right that they wouldn't get to see the scores if you take it in 2010. Look I had to make many phone calls until I was able to find a school whose deadlines I can still make maybe you might find some other school near by you or maybe e-mail collegeboard for a list of schools that might be willing to take you (thats what I did and surprisngly enough they actually reply). Good Luck!
  • college3231college3231 Registered User Posts: 560 Member
    Sorry to jump into the conversation, but pink33837 did you e-mail collegeboard recently about this? My school said it was too late, but I would LOVE to still take exams this year. How did you go about finding a school to take an exam at this time of the year?

Thanks. :)
    ^
    I e-mailed them a week ago, but I don't live in America so maybe it's different here. I still think you should try e-mailing them though---there's nothing to lose.
  • college3231college3231 Registered User Posts: 560 Member
    Thanks! :)
    ^
    No problem
This discussion has been closed.