Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Modern European History

mabsjenbu123mabsjenbu123 Registered User Posts: 2,770 Senior Member
edited August 2009 in AP Tests Preparation
Is reading Modern European History (assuming I absorb all the info) sufficient for a 5 on the AP test?
Post edited by mabsjenbu123 on

Replies to: Modern European History

• tan2007tan2007 Registered User Posts: 232 Junior Member
    I was worried about this too before I took the test, so I and a study buddy decided to study together and discuss info in order to really learn the material. It's enough for a 5 if you know the material well enough to debate or discuss it, and this is what you do when you study with someone else.

Otherwise, you should also practice with MC released exams. It'll familiarize you with the test material.
  • ifisher18ifisher18 Registered User Posts: 203 Junior Member
    Another strategy that I like to use, similar to the one tan2007 suggested, is to imagine you are teaching the material to someone else (although an empty chair works nicely, as well). Recite the information you just learned as if you are teaching a class. It really works.
  • mabsjenbu123mabsjenbu123 Registered User Posts: 2,770 Senior Member
    Alright so MEH is sufficient if you really UNDERSTAND the material
  • scrivenerscrivener Registered User Posts: 797 Member
    i bought MEH but am having trouble reading it. I can read- its not that :) - I just find the text very dense, and thus find it hard to concentrate. Past AP Europeans, do you have any advice??? thanks
  • tan2007tan2007 Registered User Posts: 232 Junior Member
    To be honest scrivener, MEH is the best you're going to get. I tried to wade through PR but there was just too much and it was extremely bland. I would just suggest reading it bit by bit, learning and memorizing as much as you can from each chapter. The chapters are short and concentrated enough to where you can pick up from where you leave off easily.
  • scrivenerscrivener Registered User Posts: 797 Member
    okay thank you
This discussion has been closed.