Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Couple questions in regard to ap classes/tests

jk511jk511 Registered User Posts: 181 Junior Member
edited September 2009 in AP Tests Preparation
Hey guys I was wondering about this. At my school, they offer many ap classes. However, this year I'm not able to take some ap classes because my schedule conflicts. Now if I self studied the tests, does that matter to colleges? (Would they care if I didn't have the class or not?)

Also, I was going to self study ap statistics and psychology. I was definately going to do psychology but Idk about statistics. Is it really worth it or should I invest my time in something better? (f.y.i. I have never self studied ap tests before.)

Any experiences/comments are appreciated!
Thanks.
Post edited by jk511 on

Replies to: Couple questions in regard to ap classes/tests

• lemonelemone - Posts: 976 Member
    I don't think the course matters, the exam results are what they are looking for to see if you earned the credit or not
  • CarinCarin - Posts: 665 Member
    Don't do it. Not worth your time.
  • killer2021killer2021 Registered User Posts: 317 Member
    Definitely do it. If it doesn't work out you can just scrap the idea and not take the test. I tell you this though, you will regret the decision to bail out on taking those AP exams because you will have to take the class in college (or a similar class) and probably have to pay hundreds of dollars for the class.

Take as many AP classes as you can handle. One of the best things you can do to prepare for college. I know people who have graduated from college in 2 and a half years because they had so much AP credits.
  • S2madingS2S2madingS2 Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    Yeah but AP test exams don't affect college acceptance. The classes are what they want to see
  • ttyl8ttyl8 Registered User Posts: 414 Member
    I think AP exams do affect acceptance (especially if you took it before Senior year).

To OP: Which year are you going into?
  • lemonelemone - Posts: 976 Member
    Check with the University that you will be attending to. Some don't recognize the AP exams.
This discussion has been closed.