Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Taking Summer Classes to Make Room for AP's...

nicksynnicksyn Registered User Posts: 276 Junior Member
edited October 2009 in AP Tests Preparation
I had honestly no idea what to put for a title :P ANYWAYS, I've heard that AP English Literature isn't a useful class if you've already taken AP English Language/Comp.

I'm considering taking a regular English class (like Brit Lit or something) in the summer to get rid of my English requirement so I can make room for a good AP class (not only is it not useful for credits, but the teacher at our school is awful, and only 1 person every year gets an A out of the 5 classes...she's ridiculous--it's not even hard, and her passing rate is pretty bad (I'm sure I could get a 5, but still...). I just want to know if it'd be a detriment not to take AP Senior English to college admissions when it was possible? Would the regular English look bad even if I replaced it with another AP?
Post edited by nicksyn on

Replies to: Taking Summer Classes to Make Room for AP's...

• bernier93bernier93 Registered User Posts: 191 Junior Member
    Actually, it depends greatly on the school. For some schools, they are treated the same, but for others it isn't. Check the schools which you are most interested in AP's policy before making the decision.
    ALso, it depends on the AP you had in mind...
This discussion has been closed.