Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

the best way to prepare for AP exam??

tom927tom927 Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
edited November 2009 in AP Tests Preparation
I have trouble preparing for AP exams...
so I want to ask how to prepare for them, specifically I am in
AP lang
AP us
AP calc
AP chem
tips for each subject plz~
Post edited by tom927 on

Replies to: the best way to prepare for AP exam??

• A StudentA Student Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    For US:
    AP* United States History - Key Terms, Outlines, Sample Tests

For Lang:
    Write at least an essay a week. Read lots of essays by famous writers. I recommend the Cliffs Notes prep book.

For Chem:
    Take a class.

For Calc:
    Not sure because I'm in the class right now.
  • jerrry4445jerrry4445 Registered User Posts: 2,741 Senior Member
    APUSH - buy AMSCO and read your history textbook
    AP Calculus - Buy PR and review material in Calc textbook
    AP Chem - Buy PR and read ur textbook (i used Chemistry: The Central Science, AP Edition)
  • PoemePoeme Registered User Posts: 1,329 Senior Member
    The first thing is to do well in the class. Then, if you want more preparation buy a review book. I did not buy a Calc BC review book and got a 5. This is because my teacher did an outstanding job of preparing us. We did practically every past AP exam released. However, for the US exam, I used AMSCO, which was a good summary of what we did in class. I did buy a review book for English language, but I did not use it very much. If you read carefully and can write well, English language will not be a problem.
    I am in AP Chem right now, and I will probably buy a review book just to see what is specifically emphasized on the test.
    If you can get old AP tests from your teachers, I would highly recommend looking them over, they are the best way to prepare for the test.
    Good luck!
  • byuboundbyubound Registered User Posts: 1,327 Senior Member
    Get yourself a good review book and constantly refer to it as you learn material in class. This will keep you going strong in the classroom and get you ready for the exam a little at a time. As the time for the exam comes closer, you will be a lot more confident and prepared. I am taking 4 APs right now, and I get every review book I can get my hands on from the library just to have plenty of practice problems. Each year, as the time for the exams comes, I always do one massive review right before the exam just to be sure I have everything down. So far, I've passed every exam I've taken, so it works.
This discussion has been closed.