Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Why does AP Environmental Science have the stereotype of being an easy test?

alihaq717alihaq717 Registered User Posts: 942 Member
edited January 2010 in AP Tests Preparation
I am in the class right now, and while the class itself is easy the AP test seems really tough; apparently it has the worst mean score out of all the sciences (including physics b&c, ap chem, and ap bio). Why is it whenever I read a list of easy APs, Environmental Science seems to top the list? Apparently only 10.8% of people get a 5...
Post edited by alihaq717 on

Replies to: Why does AP Environmental Science have the stereotype of being an easy test?

• scrivenerscrivener Registered User Posts: 797 Member
    Compared to other AP tests, it is very easy; many people have gotten a 5 with little more than one prep book. The reason such a small amount of people get a 5 is that this stereotype of it being "easy" allows some student to think that they can do no preparation at all, breeze in, and squeak out a 5. They dont realize that although it is easy, it is still an advanced placement test.
  • cyberchondriaccyberchondriac Registered User Posts: 456 Member
    because the math involved is basic arithmetic
  • zala2022zala2022 Registered User Posts: 633 Member
    no offense to the envsci takers, but most people taking envsci are not as bright as the kids taking other ap classes/tests, thus ending up with a low test average. my school for example, the people taking envsci are the c students from chemistry. And not to mention a large portion of the course is nothing but common sense.
This discussion has been closed.