Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AP prep books

LostindirectionLostindirection Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
edited August 2010 in AP Tests Preparation
Okay I am going to be taking four AP classes this upcoming school year. I would like to know what AP prep books would be the most useful for the classes I will be taking, and whether or not it will be necessary.

I'm taking:
AP Bio
AP Lang
AP Psych
AP U.S

I was thinking of buying these prep books online.
APUSH - crash course Amazon.com: AP U.S. History Crash Course (REA: The Test Prep AP Teachers Recommend) (9780738608136): Larry Krieger: Books

AP LANG - I have no clue which one would be good or if I even need one.

AP Bio - Cliff notes/Princeton Review/Barrons Amazon.com: CliffsAP Biology (Cliffs Ap Biology) (9780470097649): Phillip E. Pack Ph.D.: Books

AP Pysch - Barrons Amazon.com: Barron's AP Psychology with CD-ROM (9780764195259): Robert McEntarffer, Allyson J. Weseley Ed.D.: Books

If you recommend any other brands, please tell me about it. I'm open to suggestions.
Also, I have provided a link to the ones I am leaning towards on buying. I'm not too sure if they are the latest ones though. So if I were to buy the ones I have provided a link for, would those be suitable? Thank you! :)
Post edited by Lostindirection on

Replies to: AP prep books

• Ronaldofan94Ronaldofan94 Registered User Posts: 410 Member
    There is also a link for the Barron's AP Psychology study guide without a CD-rom included, if you'd prefer saving $10.

Amazon.com: Barron's AP Psychology (9780764140532): Robert McEntarffer, Allyson J. Weseley Ed.D.: Books
  • mccormickt12mccormickt12 Registered User Posts: 504 Member
    bio get barrons
    apush- get like any two and actually use them during the year, read them along with your chapter
  • elbeeenelbeeen Registered User Posts: 1,222 Senior Member
    I recommend barrons for bio and kaplan for APUSH. And like mccormick said, use it often throughout the year !
  • LostindirectionLostindirection Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    Oh okay, thank you.
    So I have looked through the entire "Consolidated book suggestions for AP" thread
    and I realized for APUSH many recommended AMSCO.
    I want to know if there was something besides REA, crash course and AMSCO that is also pretty good. Like how about 5 steps or Barrons?
    I'm not much for a detailed person, I just prefer the facts given to me straightforward.
    I used PR for APWH and I must say, it didn't work out for me.
    It had too much information and I couldn't absorb all the information in time.

I think I will be checking out these:
    AP Bio - Barron's (cliffs is on a website already, the entire thing! which is great!)
    AP USH - 5 Steps/Barrons (?)
    AP Pysch - Barrons
This discussion has been closed.