Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How can I make my chances better?

takemytime23takemytime23 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited December 2010 in Arizona State University
I'm a junior in highschool
GPA:2.88
Weighted: 3.44
Haven't taken the PSAT
Community Service hours:200
Working on EC's , most likely not going to join a school team but plan on joining clubs. Would I need leadership roles? Let me know ..
I was on a swimteam for quite awhile but it's not on a school team.
I've been doing alot of fundraising work associating with Africa

I realize my chances are really LOW. But is there a way too increase my chances?
(This year)
1st quarter-2.88
2nd quarter- More than likely a 3.0
Post edited by takemytime23 on

Replies to: How can I make my chances better?

• bchan1bchan1 Registered User Posts: 793 Member
    Work to get a good score on the SAT or ACT.
  • gio1126gio1126 Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    your unweighted gpa is below asu's standards however they do consider 2.5-2.99 gpas. but if you meet the sat or act standards the school has set, than you are in. So a good test score is what you need to work on. And extra curricular activities mean nothing when applying to asu (unless you are applying to barrett honors). overall i wouldn't worry to much about it, the school is pretty easy to get in to.
  • bchan1bchan1 Registered User Posts: 793 Member
    I think focusing on your basic skills to improve your test score will also improve your study habits and in the long run improve your gpa. An upward trend in grades will also help you. Leadership and EC's are good things, but you will be helping yourself become a more successful student at ASU by strengthening your core academics.
  • takemytime23takemytime23 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I also wanted to put out that I'm out of state and I want to get into the electrical engineering dept for bachelors. Anything else I need to amp?
  • hkem123hkem123 Registered User Posts: 714 Member
    It's very simple. You either need to raise your GPA to a 3.0, or get an 1140/1600 on the SAT, or be ranked in the top 25% of your class.

http://engineering.asu.edu/sites/default/files/pdfs/Admissions%20req%202011-12.pdf
This discussion has been closed.