Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Barrett Rejection

13»

Replies to: Barrett Rejection

• WackoWaskoWackoWasko Registered User Posts: 115 Junior Member
    I think I really messed up on my application... I'm an incoming freshman and for my major, I applied for Technological Entrepreneurship and Management, a WUE program, but was admitted into Operations Management Technology. The link they gave me was to the Technological Entrepreneurship and Management page, so I thought it was just a naming discrepancy since it was a new program and I put Operations Management Technology as my major on the Barrett app. I just revisited the page again today, and saw that OMT is the B.A.S. version of TEaM; in other words, it's for transfer students with an associates degree. I'm going to call the advising office and see if I can get put into the right major, but I already submitted my Barrett app and it's been two weeks. Will that make a difference?

Also, I said that I was planning on sending 3 letters of recommendation, but my third recommender has been MIA at school and hasn't responded to my emails; I have no idea where she went. I submitted 2 of them, but will that be something that the admissions panel would look down upon?
  • LAXer25LAXer25 Registered User Posts: 439 Member
    It'd would have been nice for those of us who don't live in Arizona to be told about the gpa thing. And yes, I'm hoping to get into Barretts. But unfortunately, I have lower stats that you, so I'm hoping that my essay will get me in. I also barely sent in my app on the 7th...so I'm hoping and praying, but other than that there's really not much else I can do.

And wackowasko, I would just call and ask them.
  • britterbritter Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    LAXer25: It certainly would have been helpful. Yeah see, I just have a really low ABOR GPA, so. It killed my overall profile. So you still have a chance. Yeah mine is in re-review so pretty much the same situation here. Hope you get in!

Wackowasko: I think I may actually be able to help. I applied for the Journalism school, but they didn't start accepting until this month, so when I applied to Barrett it said Exploratory College. And I had said I would sent 4 LOR, but only ended up with two, as they said they should arrive within two weeks of application being sent, one of those weeks being Thanksgiving. So I emailed Keith Southergill (Director of Admissions) when I was rejected and he said they will re-review files with new supplementary information (additional LORs, major changes, etc.), and that major changes can affect acceptance. So if you don't get in call or email them, or call while it's still in consideration. Can't hurt!
  • bchan1bchan1 Registered User Posts: 793 Member
    WW - if you've submitted your application but now find that one of the letters you listed will not be arriving, I would contact Keith Southergill at Barrett and let him know that the teacher has not been at school since your request and that you would not want your application held up waiting for the third letter.
  • FlagMomFlagMom Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Hello! DS will be a freshman at Barrett this fall. For those of you still applying, it may help to know that DS's GPA was significantly below their stated average GPA, and he was admitted less than a month after turning in his application. So don't give up hope. :)
  • BowlerBowler Registered User Posts: 229 Junior Member
    What if I don't even have a fine arts credit? I was just going to have a deficiency but now with this weird GPA they use.. UGH
13»
This discussion has been closed.