Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

change major?

jming00jming00 Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
edited March 2013 in Arizona State University
Hello all!

I was recently admitted into ASU for Fall 2013, but under Computer Systems, Computer Hardware Technology instead of the one I wanted-Computer Science, Software Engineering.

Before someone begins to **** me, I am currently in communication with ASU about this topic and will be talking to a second advisor from the computer science dept. next week.

However, I am wondering what others have experienced in changing majors at ASU. Was it difficult? Easy? What should I do/say? (Note: Still unsure if I will attend ASU, still waiting for Cal States and UC's responses)
Post edited by jming00 on

Replies to: change major?

• WackoWaskoWackoWasko Registered User Posts: 115 Junior Member
    I changed my major twice before I even stepped foot on campus, and then once more during my first semester. All I had to do was make a few phone calls to my department. I believe someone in undergraduate admissions helped me out, too. My experience was painless. Good luck!
  • jming00jming00 Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    Thanks!
    (10 char)
  • MOM1006MOM1006 Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    Could you live on one campus and take classes on another? Another question how far is West from Poly?
  • TypeADadTypeADad Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    My son was accepted into the College of Letters and Sciences for Interdisciplinary Studies. He selected Interdisciplinary Studies because he doesn't really know what he wants to major in.

Because that's his major, he's slated to be at the Downtown campus, but he really wants to be on the Tempe campus.

Will changing his major to one that's based on the Tempe campus before he enrolls get him there, particularly for housing choices?
  • jming00jming00 Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    MOM1006: yes you can, but I wouldnt want to. I dont know how far west is from poly... sorry.

TypeADad: When I spoke to the housing department, they said that upperclassmen can live at the dorms on the campus of their choice, but if he is a freshman, they'll place him among students with the same major that he currently enrolled for.
  • MOM1006MOM1006 Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    I was just there this weekend. If you are on the downtown campus.. You live and go to school there.
This discussion has been closed.