Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UMiami or ASU

manelledridimanelledridi Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
So I have been accepted to both schools and I'm a transfer student. I will be majoring in environmental engineering but I also want to do a double major in specifically animal physiology and behavior.. I have to choose between UM and Arizona State University and I'm so confused! I'm just going to write out my pros and cons for each school:

I have already visited UM twice and really liked it. I love that it's not too big and not too small and I have heard that students get to have a relationship with the teachers. However I have never heard of UMiami's engineering program as being well known and they only have a general biology major (nothing specifically towards animal behavior or something like that). I think I will end up paying much more at UM than at ASU.

I haven't visited ASU yet but it has the two majors I want and although it is a huge school and has such a high acceptance rate, I know that it has a well known engineering program. I'm not so sure on jobs after graduating though if it matters which school I go to for my bachelor degree.

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.