Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Biomedical Engineering

buster18buster18 Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
Is this program rigorous? Is it difficult to maintain a high gpa? How many of you have gone or are planning on attending medical school? Did you have a social life?

Replies to: Biomedical Engineering

• rainingsunshinerainingsunshine Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    I was a bme major when i entered ASU. I am a part of Barrett, and I expected a degree of difficulty, and I'm also not pre-med, but the majority of my BME friends are.
    The program, imo, teaches you too many different concepts. You need to learn a little bit of mechanics, circuits, C++, not to mention the BME classes. It's difficult to maintain a high GPA in any engineering discipline. If you want an easier major, switch out of engineering.
    If you want to go into industry, I would recommend taking on a more general engineering major (EE, or Mech E). But then again, you should talk to industry professionals to get an idea. hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.