Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chances for Out of State

agastesi6agastesi6 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hello,

I am wondering if I will qualify for admission to ASU. I just recently submitted my application and had a few questions.

On their website it says that with a 24 ACT Students meet the requirements for admission. I scored a 26 composite, does this guarantee my admission to the university? I plan on majoring in Computer Science.

I had a rough high school experience, netting me a 2.5 gpa. However, I have been in leadership roles my entire life with captaincy of my club and high school soccer team as extra curriculars. Course work was moderate to somewhat difficult.

Will I have a good shot at admission? I am excited to see that a 24 is required and a 25 is required for the Engineering school but I just wanted to know if those numbers mean GUARANTEED admission.

Thanks!

Replies to: Chances for Out of State

• STEMFamilySTEMFamily Registered User Posts: 1,327 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Yes, it is guaranteed as long as your meet the ACT composite of 24 and meet all the course competency requirements.
    Freshman applicants who possess a high school diploma and meet the following requirements will be admitted to ASU.

English - 4 years (composition/literature based)
    Math - 4 years (algebra I, geometry, algebra II and one course requiring algebra II as a prerequisite)
    Laboratory Science - 3 years total (1 year each from any of the following areas are accepted: biology, chemistry, earth science, integrated sciences and physics)
    Social Science - 2 years (including 1 year American history)
    Foreign Language - 2 years (same language)
    Fine Arts - 1 year

Applicants must also meet at least one of the following:
    Top 25% in high school graduating class
    3.00 GPA in competency courses (4.00 = "A")
    ACT 22 (24 nonresidents)*
    SAT Reasoning 1040 (1110 nonresidents)*

For Computer Science (in Ira Fulton School of Engineering):
    Freshman Admission:

minimum 1140 SAT combined math and verbal or minimum 24 ACT combined score or 3.00 minimum ABOR GPA or class ranking in top 25 percent of high school class, and
    no high school math or science competency deficiencies

Where did you get the requirement of a 25 composite for engineering? I didn't see that anywhere on the ASU website.
  • agastesi6agastesi6 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I must have read it wrong, thank you for the clarification.

Your response makes the waiting period much less stressful.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.