Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

really important queestiooon :(

karinacarenaaskarinacarenaas Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
I got accepted into ASU but first semester of high school i got one F... i was going through alot and my grandma died i know thats not an excuse but are they going to change my admission status once i tell them?

Replies to: really important queestiooon :(

• STEMFamilySTEMFamily Registered User Posts: 1,327 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    You got an F the first semester of high school and they don't know it but you have already been accepted? Didn't you have to send a transcript to be admitted? Why wouldn't they already know if they have a transcript?
  • karinacarenaaskarinacarenaas Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    i sent in my transcript during first semester of high school
  • STEMFamilySTEMFamily Registered User Posts: 1,327 Senior Member
    Are you talking about the first semester of THIS year, as in last fall? When you say first semester of high school, it sounds like the first semester of your freshman year. If you mean this past semester that just ended, then I think it depends on what the class is and what it did to you cumulative GPA. If it changes your status with regard to any of their guaranteed admission criteria then they may want to re-evaluate. You probably won't get rescinded but may need to take some classes that precede those that would count toward a degree or possibly take a summer class to remove a deficiency.
This discussion has been closed.