Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
carlsbadbruincarlsbadbruin Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
Does anyone know exactly how ASU calculates their core GPA? Does it differ from the CSU/UC GPA? The reason I ask is to calculate eligibility for scholarships, which are based on a combination of ACT/SAT and GPA. My son attends a high school with a music conservatory and has a ton of music classes that are included in his CSU/UC GPA, but I wasn't sure whether to include them for ASU (I hope so!).

Replies to: ASU GPA

• carlsbadbruincarlsbadbruin Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    I should add that he was already admitted, and on the page is doesn't list any academic scholarships (unless they just haven't been calculated yet?), so I am trying to find out if we would be OOS full-pay, or whether he should qualify for an academic scholarship.
  • Abra123Abra123 Registered User Posts: 29 Junior Member
    I got accepted into CS program for fall 2016 but there is no indication of scholarship. How or when can we find out about scholarship amounts.
    For GPA they consider only the core academic subjects and only unweighted.
    Here is the website:
    https://scholarships.asu.edu/estimator

on the website where it says, Core GPA (4.0 scale, 4.0 = A) click on the ? and then click on GPA calculator
  • carlsbadbruincarlsbadbruin Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    Thank you! $0 for us... bummer. I was hoping they took the difficulty of classes into account. Instead, a "B" in PreAlgebra counts the same as a "B" in AP Calculus...
    I called ASU admissions and they said that they have not yet posted any scholarships for fall 2016.
    They will send them out starting mid October!!! So there is still hope.
This discussion has been closed.