Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Arizona State University Merit Aid

mb2005mb2005 Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
I was recently accepted in ASU with a major in Aerospace Engineering. Before I applied, I used the Merit aid estimator to see what chances I had for merit scholarships. I have a 4.0 unweighted GPA, recieved a 31 on the ACT and I am in the top 10% of my grade. The estimator told me I could receive $15,000. While I know this is not guaranteed, I’m confused because I don’t see anything about merit aid on the “My ASU” portal.

Am I missing something or did I just not recieve any merit scholarships like the estimator said I could? Was indication of merit aid obvious on other students portals after they were accepted?

Thanks!

Replies to: Arizona State University Merit Aid

• WiscoRunnerWiscoRunner Registered User Posts: 182 Junior Member
    Wondering the same thing, also checked the estimator and was told I could be receiving a generous amount of merit aid, but I have heard nothing about it so far. Nothing on my portal. I vaguely recall reading somewhere that letters about merit aid are supposed to come in the mail a few weeks after your receive your acceptance letter... so I guess they could still be coming, but for me I was accepted in early September and it's now mid-October.
  • EngPIIEngPII Registered User Posts: 289 Junior Member
    They'll send out merit offers after the official notifications of acceptances. Don't worry.
  • lizzootlizzoot Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    I was accepted mid-September & I see my aid under Financial aid, next to "renewable programs status" there's a link that says "more information" when you click that it shows your awards (dean/provost/president etc) and the amount for each year
  • TrolleydollyTrolleydolly Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    You’ll get a letter in the mail before they change your asurite. My DD got hers today 4.2 weighted 31ACT, presidents award 15,000. All of you on this thread will get yours soon. We are OOS
This discussion has been closed.