right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Does ASU offer scholarships for National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholars?

Susan5252Susan5252 1 replies1 threads New Member
My daughter is a 2019-2020 National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholar. She has applied to Arizona State and has been accepted. My understanding is that they offer a great scholarship to National Scholars. Other than checking a box on the Common Application, how do colleges know she is a recipient? She was not offered the National Scholar scholarship so I'm wondering if there is more we need to do.
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Does ASU offer scholarships for National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholars?

• thumper1thumper1 75522 replies3310 threads Senior Member
    Call them and let them know she received this distinction. IIRC, ASU does offer a great award to NH kids...and actually might pay for a visit.

Make sure the admissions office knows she got this!!
    · Reply · Share
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus 79075 replies703 threads Senior Member
    https://barretthonors.asu.edu/admissions/national-scholar says that "National Hispanic Scholars who are admitted to ASU will receive the New American University Scholar – National Scholar award."

You can use https://scholarships.asu.edu/estimator to estimate ASU scholarships (be sure to check the "I am a National Scholar" box).

If ASU does not know that she qualifies, she should contact ASU directly about it.
    · Reply · Share
  • sbdad12sbdad12 45 replies6 threads Junior Member
    My daughter received the award as well. We both traveled to Tempe last weekend for a campus visit at Barrett and came away very impressed. Would highly recommend you check it out yourself and let them know she is a recipient.
    · Reply · Share
  • usma87usma87 388 replies3 threads Member
    @Susan5252 and @sbdad12 - I have my second DS in Barrett right now. Let me know if you have any questions. I feel Barrett is a great way to be in a smaller environment while also getting the big school advantages.
    · Reply · Share