right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Arizona State University vs Colorado School of Mines

billy1224billy1224 10 replies5 threads Junior Member
I recently got admitted into Colorado School of mines and Arizona State University (waiting to here back from honors college)

If I go to Colorado School of Mines I plan on majoring in Economics and if I go to Arizona I will study finance or some kinda of business

I got awarded alittle more scholarship and Arizona so it will be cheaper but not by a ton

I loved both campus’s but I want to know what school will give me a better education and outcome. Thanks in advance
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Arizona State University vs Colorado School of Mines

• usma87usma87 516 replies3 threads Member
    @billy1224 - It will definitely depend on what you put into it. You have polar opposite options. CSM - small school known for Engineering. ASU- large school with a ranked (#33) business school. I have experience with two children going through ASU. They are both Barrett (one graduated in '18; the other is a sophomore). My sense is there would be a broader range of opportunities through the WP Carey Business school and Barrett. It really does depend on what experiential options you want.
    · Reply · Share