right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

[HONEST] Is Arizona State University - Tempe good for computer science?

VishG28VishG28 20 replies11 threads Junior Member
I want to major in computer science and I am looking at ASU, while US News says it's good, I want to get second opinions
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: [HONEST] Is Arizona State University - Tempe good for computer science?

• usma87usma87 420 replies3 threads Member
    @VishG28 - how do you measure good? They are highly ranked. They are an NSA CAE for Cyber Security. They have a good rep for robotics. It depends on what you are looking for. My DS is in his second year with Junior standing (AP credits) and has a research internship in Germany this summer. He is on track to graduate with a masters in 4 years. He likes the faculty. One note on their approach, you will not see a C++ or Python class. They choose to teach developing solutions with all the tools available. Along the way, you will learn about the various programming languages.
    · Reply · Share
  • VishG28VishG28 20 replies11 threads Junior Member
    @usma87 What is NSA CAE? I am asking because I am interested in Cybersecurity but don't know if I should major in computer science or computer science cybersecurity.
    · Reply · Share
  • usma87usma87 420 replies3 threads Member
    Is is National Security Agency, Center of Academic Excellence. The NSA has criteria for schools that want to offer a cybersecurity major, minor or concentration. I assume it will eventually carry some weight when you have a degree from a university with at least this level of certification. Or, maybe its just fluff.
    · Reply · Share