Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How does ASU notify of admissions?

collegemom16collegemom16 Registered User Posts: 4,257 Senior Member
edited January 2008 in Arizona State University
My son applied and other than an email alerting him to send a transcript from a community college where he took a class he has not received any other notifications. All of the other colleges he applied to sent him a link to a web-site where he could establish a pass word and check on his status. Does ASU do this or do they just notify applicants by letter?
Post edited by collegemom16 on

Replies to: How does ASU notify of admissions?

• leungpy1leungpy1 Registered User Posts: 329 Member
    I believe ASU do that as well.
  • collegemom16collegemom16 Registered User Posts: 4,257 Senior Member
    Has anyone received an email with a link/password who was not yet accepted at ASU?
  • AverageWhiteMaleAverageWhiteMale Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    I have, they mail it to you in a week or so. My apps completed it says online, they're reviewing, hwo long that will take I have no clue.
  • worried_momworried_mom Registered User Posts: 2,205 Senior Member
    My son received his username/password in a letter about 2 weeks after he applied on-line. His acceptance was first posted on-line about 5 weeks after his application was listed as "complete" (transcripts and test scores received), followed by snail mail a week after that.
  • raquelgonzalez90raquelgonzalez90 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    I just received a letter in the mail today notifying me of my acceptance, but I applied November 24th, and all my additional materials were sent in about a week later, I believe. The website said they would notify by e-mail, but I never received an email until I activated my online account.
    To activate the online account they require an ASUrite # where did you get yours? That's why my son is wondering if he needs to be accepted before he can actually have an online account.
  • vividscribblervividscribbler Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    I found this on the ASU website:

If you have submitted an application for undergraduate admission:
    Please wait for an activation code to arrive in the mail at the mailing address you provided. Local applicants should receive this code in 1-2 days. Standard delivery times apply for out of state or out of country applicants.

If you have submitted an application for graduate admission:
    An activation code will be delivered to your email 1-2 days after submitting your application.

Questions?
    Call our Help Desk at (480)965-6500

Try calling either the Help Desk, as listed above, or Undergraduate Admissions,

ASU at the Tempe campus
    Undergraduate Admissions
    P.O. Box 870112
    Tempe AZ 85287-0112
    Fax. 480.965.3610

The people there are helpful, but might need to cycle you through a couple operators to solve the problems.
  • AverageWhiteMaleAverageWhiteMale Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    They send the ASUrite thru mail.
    My son sent his application in before Thanksgiving break and we still have not received anything in the mail. We are out of state.
This discussion has been closed.