Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Decision/Waiting period

GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
edited February 2010 in Arizona State University
I applied to ASU recently and just yesterday they received my transcripts. Now, my file is in review. I believe the process is going very smoothly and actually quick, as I notice the school updates the status really well. At least for me they did, and at this time.

I would like to know, for those that applied...how long did it take to get a decision?

My application is under "In Review" at this time. I'm a nerve rack right now. The school grew within me and the staff has been very sweet and efficient to me.
Post edited by GirlFromIpanema on

Replies to: Decision/Waiting period

• elizabethhelizabethh Registered User Posts: 579 Member
    It took my son 3-4 weeks to get an answer. That was in November, so it may take a little longer now, since there are probably more applications being processed.

If your grades and scores are within range for admission, you have nothing to worry about.
  • lablondebebelablondebebe Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    It took me three weeks to receive a decision, granted I applied in July. Are you curious about your chances of admittance? Because they are very liberal with a 98% acceptance rate. As long as you have something like a 2.5 or a 22 ACT or 1200 SAT, or are in the top 20% of your class, you're in.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    I got a 3.3 on my GED score...I did not send my SATs as someone in admissions told me my GPA can waive SAT requirements. I have so many letters of recommendation, great background on the high school I left, so much volunteering and internships,both in South America and U.S. - but they don't ask for any of that.
    I applied for College of Liberal Arts & Science, for a Sociology major, on the "online" campus.
    About their acceptance rate -- I've heard it all about it, but then, who are the 10% of people that get denied? What if someone has a bad day and decides to decline everyone that specific day and I'm one of them? LOL
    I look forward to attend school already, I guess it's just my anticipation and anxiety playing tricks with me.
    Oh you should be fine especially with your major, and with wanting to take online courses. Virtually anyone who graduated from high school with a C average can get in. Your major doesn't have specific requirements that are more demanding then some majors, so I'm sure you won't have a problem getting accepted. I understand the whole waiting game though. I feel that way with my housing exemption right now. It's so nerve wracking! I wonder the same thing you do- What if whoever is reviewing my application is just having a rough day and denies me? Haha!
    ****....it's frustrating, isn't it? LOL. Hope you'll get the housing :)

Where do you plan on living at? I'd love to live on Campus, or at least nearby or a nice complex somewhere in Tempe...maybe in my Senior yr...Right now, I got to do my other school too. If you have Facebook, you should of add the "ASU Class of 2014" group!
    BTW, I just got accepted this afternoon....after one week and half of waiting. But most people told me they have waited three weeks just like you :)
    I applied second week of January, and then sent my stuff in.
    Wow great! I'm so glad! I plan on living somewhere downtown because that's the campus I'm on, for journalism. So let's hope I find out in the next few weeks what my living situation will be.

I also joined the facebook group = )
    I'm on the FB group Class of 2014 :) find me there Caroline Altenbernd
This discussion has been closed.