Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Turning in Digital Artwork for Quality?

saililysailily Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited April 2013 in Arts
Hello,

I'm in AP 2D Design, and a good portion of my artwork is digitally drawn. My traditional pieces aren't great, so I don't want to turn them in for quality.

However, I discussed this with my teacher, and she said that digital artwork can be mistaken for photo manipulations or photography, and some people think computers do all the work in digital.

She explained it could hurt me if I turn in too many of my digital pieces in the form of prints for quality - to the point where it could drop me from a 5 to a 4.

I'm a little dismayed because all my best traditional pieces have been auctioned off or gifted, and good traditional artwork takes a while for me to finish.

Has anyone had any experience with turning in digital artwork for quality? If so, do graders really frown upon digital?
Post edited by sailily on

Replies to: Turning in Digital Artwork for Quality?

• SleepingAwaySleepingAway Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    Well, I am not the most experienced at AP Art (I'm doing IB Art instead) but from perusing the previous AP Art samples, digital art is very acceptable in the 2-D portfolio, in fact one of the highest scoring concentration was entirely consisting of digital art peices

In honesty, I do not think that submitting digital artwork will hurt you in the Quality section, maybe the Breadth section, since I've seen people submit almost entirely all photographs for quality/concentration/breadth and still manage to get a 5
This discussion has been closed.