Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

AP Art History

tspmf12tspmf12 Registered User Posts: 210 Junior Member
Hi guys! So AP Art History recently caught my eye, and now I have an inexplicable need to take it. (Idk) Does it count as a fine arts class, or a history class? Is it extremely difficult? Is it something colleges will look at as useless because I will not be pursuing a career in art? I may apply to a humanities school, if that helps. Thanks!

Replies to: AP Art History

• skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 27,969 Super Moderator
    Does it count as a fine arts class, or a history class?
    For both HS and college, it depends on the school.
    Is it extremely difficult?
    A big part of this depends on the student. If you know the difference between Monet and Manet, probably not. Also, the College Board revised the syllabus this year narrowing the number of works of art, so in theory, it should now be easier; I took the class under the old syllabus, so I have no first hand experience with the new class.
    Is it something colleges will look at as useless because I will not be pursuing a career in art?
    No college will view a course in which you are trying to expand your knowledge as "useless."
This discussion has been closed.