Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Is AP Art History hard?

tspmf12tspmf12 Registered User Posts: 210 Junior Member
I know it's different for everyone, but do you think AP Art History is hard class? Is there another class you'd compare it to?

Replies to: Is AP Art History hard?

• paovacipaovaci Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
    I just commented your post on AP stats! Anyway, I am also taking AP Art History this year. I honestly really like it, although there is a lot of study to do. You need to memorize a lot of work of arts, details, dates, ecc.
    I would compare it as AP world history but in APAH you need also to develop visual analysis skills.
    The essays are a big part of the exam! Uh and compared to other AP subjects the grading percentages are higher (to get a 3 you need to score 60% or so)
  • tspmf12tspmf12 Registered User Posts: 210 Junior Member
    Haha yes! Last minute course selection is stressful! Thanks for your help. I think I will be taking APAH. @paovaci
  • tspmf12tspmf12 Registered User Posts: 210 Junior Member
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 27,969 Super Moderator
    It depends on your interests and ability. If you already know the difference between Monet and Manet, you might not find it that hard.
  • ObitoSigmaObitoSigma Registered User Posts: 303 Member
    I think it's an so-so class. Not too difficult, not too easy. It depends on the teacher. I'm taking it online through FLVS, and the lessons are beautifully written. I have at least 50 pages of notes front and back of paper. This may not seem a lot, but once you see that my handwriting is so small, and I could fit 200+ words on each page, you will be amazed. There is so much to cover; so much to learn.

I thought it was fun, and it widened my knowledge on the culture and influences of history on societies. You learn about World religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Byzantine, Catholic); you learn about societies that had never received attention in the American education system (specifically referring to the Pacific islands); you learn about their way of thinking. Amazing course, highly recommended as long as your teacher isn't a buzzkill and hypnotized you into thinking that the course is about memorization. :P
This discussion has been closed.