Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Help for Single Mom Losing Child Support for 18-Year-Old

Sally_RubenstoneSally_Rubenstone CC Admissions Expert Posts: 3,926 Senior Member
Question: My daughter is planning on attending college fall 2011 at the University of North Carolina in Charlotte. She turned 18 on January 16, 2010 and therefore by North Carolina Laws will receive no Child Support From her father after that date. I, her mother, have not remarried and he is unwilling to help out [...]

View the complete Q&A at CC's Ask The Dean...
This discussion has been closed.