Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Should I Apply to Other Colleges While I Await My Early Decision Outcome?

CCEdit_TorreyCCEdit_Torrey Editor Posts: 113 Editor
You're still awaiting your fate from the college where you applied early -- should you keep sending out other applications during the waiting period? https://www.collegeconfidential.com/articles/should-i-apply-to-other-colleges-while-i-await-my-early-decision-outcome/

Replies to: Should I Apply to Other Colleges While I Await My Early Decision Outcome?

• ucbalumnusucbalumnus Registered User Posts: 72,162 Senior Member
    edited December 6
    Yes, for any other schools where the deadline (for EA or RD application or scholarship consideration) is earlier than the ED admission and financial aid notification date, or which are rolling admission where later applicants may face higher selectivity.

Otherwise, have the applications ready to go (everything done except final application submission of application and related materials) in case the ED result is not admission with sufficient financial aid.
  • menloparkmommenloparkmom Registered User Posts: 12,627 Senior Member
    Students can also send in applications when they are completed to public colleges and Universities , regardless of any ED, EA, or SCEA applications to private colleges.