right arrow
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ehales3 is a rising sophomore at Cornell University. As a high school student, she always thought that she wanted to study in a more urban environment, but has grown to love Ithaca and all that it offers. ASK HER ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Teacher Didn't Raise Grade As Promised -- Is An Appeal in Order?

CCEdit_TorreyCCEdit_Torrey 36 replies353 threads Editor
A teacher pledged to raise this student's grade -- but the report card reveals it didn't happen. The Dean discusses his options. https://www.collegeconfidential.com/articles/my-teacher-didnt-raise-my-grade-as-promised-can-i-appeal/
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Teacher Didn't Raise Grade As Promised -- Is An Appeal in Order?

• Leigh22Leigh22 1018 replies9 threads Senior Member
    I see nothing wrong with the request. I agree that getting in touch with her is ideal, but if there was a misunderstanding to let it go.
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 2232 replies36 threads Senior Member
    If the stated agreement with the teacher is accurate, then the points certainly were earned.
    · Reply · Share
  • helix8helix8 56 replies1 threads Junior Member
    The student should contact the teacher, see if there was a misunderstanding and if the teacher just forgot.

Otherwise, the student should just let it go, because the teacher does not have to raise the student's grade.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity