right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Where Can Part-Asian Student Be a Minority in STEM Programs?

Replies to: Where Can Part-Asian Student Be a Minority in STEM Programs?

• ucbalumnusucbalumnus 83901 replies744 threads Senior Member
    The question in the linked article asks:
    And then secondly, am I better off applying as Asian, as white, or as “two or more races?”

Wouldn't "two or more races" mean that the applicant checks more than one category, rather than a listed category called "two or more races"?
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 2471 replies41 threads Senior Member
    Depends on what’s on the form. Some say “check all that apply” from a list of races. Others list races and a “two or more” option and only allow you to pick one.
    · Reply · Share
  • cptofthehousecptofthehouse 30501 replies59 threads Senior Member
    Manhattan college? SUNY Maritime? Other Maritime colleges. Military Academies
    To name a few
    · Reply · Share
  • lkg4answerslkg4answers 2261 replies246 threads Senior Member
    I've never heard a bi-racial person refer to themselves as "Part-Asian"?

In my experience as a parent of multiracial children, "two or more" is becoming less common. Most applications state something like "check all that apply." I believe the Common App gives you the opportunity to elaborate on which Asian subcategories you identify with.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity