right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Is My Acceptance About to Get Rescinded?

CCEdit_TorreyCCEdit_Torrey 26 replies226 postsEditor Editor
This student received a letter about her uninspiring senior-year grades. Will her college acceptance be rescinded? https://www.collegeconfidential.com/articles/is-my-acceptance-about-to-get-rescinded/
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Is My Acceptance About to Get Rescinded?

• sta3535sta3535 191 replies103 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    edited July 28
    Getting accepted into college compares to being drafted or signed to a professional sports team: Even though they're interested in you , it's still your job to prove to them that they made the right choice. Now, this is where it gets interesting:

During training camp & the preseason, which compared to her senior year, they'll continue to evaluate you during this period of time. Once they receive your final grades from senior year, then they can make their final decision.

If you somehow get rescinded, then you can always settle for a local community college, or take a year off & save up some money, until the same or another college accepts you, for good.

You see, this is what professional athletes do if they fail to make it at the level that they desire: they'll continue to chase their dreams until it becomes impossible to do so.

I hope you understood my sports apology, when compared to education.
    edited July 28
    · Reply · Share
  • ProfessorPlum168ProfessorPlum168 3848 replies83 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Using the same sports analogy, a rescind because of bad senior grades is more akin to being a successful college player but failing a drug test just before the Draft.
    · Reply · Share
  • mackinawmackinaw 2979 replies53 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    The answer may depend on how bad the grades were, and in which subjects. My daughter screwed up in an advanced math course in her senior year, after she had already been admitted to several colleges and committed to one: RISD. She contacted RISD and they told her that as long as she completed all of her high school curriculum and got a passing grade in that math course her admission would still be good. She scraped through with a D. And that was fine. (She actually had good math skills -- SAT math was 720 -- but veered off course and had too much fun in senior year of high school. )
    · Reply · Share