right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

What Now? MIT Won't Accept My Perfect Subject Test Scores!

CCEdit_SurajCCEdit_Suraj 0 replies71 threads Editor
What to do now that MIT has stopped accepting SAT subject tests. https://insights.collegeconfidential.com/mit-eliminated-subject-tests
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What Now? MIT Won't Accept My Perfect Subject Test Scores!

• vhsdadvhsdad 216 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Virtually every kid who goes to MIT (and tons who applied and didn't get in) have perfect subject test scores. It's not that much of a separator.
    · Reply · Share
  • OverseasFatherOverseasFather 131 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited March 23
    Full IB Diploma - 42/42 (4HL)
    ACT - 36
    SAT Subject Test: Math II - 800
    SAT Subject Test: Physics - 800

^Didn't do any good.

Bottom line is, that this will make absolutely no difference to who gets accepted and who doesn't.
    edited March 23
    · Reply · Share
  • amistry124amistry124 10 replies0 threads New Member
    @OverseasFather If you don't mind me asking, what are your extracurriculars like?
    · Reply · Share
  • HPuck35HPuck35 2067 replies16 threads Senior Member
    Test scores alone will never and have never gotten one into MIT.

MIT will still look at your ACT score and your GPA and the whole rest of your application to make their decision.
    · Reply · Share