Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Best wishes to all our 2015 student-athletes!

fishymomfishymom Registered User Posts: 1,849 Senior Member
edited August 2011 in Athletic Recruits
I just wanted to send my best wishes to all our kids who are headed off to college for the first time! Here's to a wonderful freshman year for our 2015's and a great year to one and all!
Post edited by fishymom on

Replies to: Best wishes to all our 2015 student-athletes!

• wilberry228wilberry228 Registered User Posts: 396 Member
    best wishes to you and yours fishy!
  • mayhewmayhew Registered User Posts: 643 Member
    Fishymom, thank you for the super sentiment! Best of luck to your D - my D is counting the days until the first day of classes, which translates into her first day of practice :) Wishing your D a great year!
  • sherpasherpa Registered User Posts: 4,708 Senior Member
    Thanks, Fishymom. The timing of your message is perfect for our family. We're two time zones from home delivering DD to her school. Move in day was today; goodbyes will be tomorrow.

Last night her coach hosted a reception for the freshmen athletes and their families. It was nice to see the immediate bonding among the team and for me it eases the transition to see that she is already part of a new "family".
  • fenwaysouthfenwaysouth Registered User Posts: 988 Member
    Best of luck to the incoming class, and to their parents! Some parents will have a difficult time with the seperation especially first-timers. My wife and I were first-timers last year and I was able to better understand and deal with the situation by reading Don't tell me what to do, just send money by Helen E Johnson. It is about the transition of your relationship with your son or daughter, and last I checked public libraries are free! Good luck!
  • OldbatesieDocOldbatesieDoc Registered User Posts: 2,056 Senior Member
    Yes, congrats to all, I hope you have landed well and have great years.

My S told me one of the best things about competing in college was that he got to see us so often during his season-made that freshman year transition a little easier.

We would just check in briefly-drop off some healthy goodies-and then chat for a bit after his event-just a little time together, I didn't think it mattered much to him but apparently it did.

We didn't speak with the coaches unless spoken to, or distract anyone.

Can't wait til this winter-already booking hotels.
  • fogfogfogfog Registered User Posts: 4,056 Senior Member
    It was exciting to move in our scholar athlete...and meet the coach etc...

great U and great team

such a bright future ahead

Fenway--might have to check out that book...:D
This discussion has been closed.