Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

National Letter of Intent

josie111josie111 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited January 2012 in Athletic Recruits
Can anyone tell me how long prior to national signing day do college coaches send out the national letter of intent to their recruits?
Post edited by josie111 on

Replies to: National Letter of Intent

• schoolhouseschoolhouse Registered User Posts: 267 Junior Member
    It really depends on the school and the sport football/basketball usually have a commitment prior to the day, the high school on the other hand usually stages the media thing and depending on the talent school etc...

My my nephews football coach knew two weeks before and had already sent him the schedule, workout regiment weekly meeting schedule etc before he did the big signing thing for the newspaper. Another friend of mines son signed his letter at half time with the new coach at his school.....so a goo bet might be two/three days before something should come to you Fedex since signing date is 2/1
  • mncollegemommncollegemom . Posts: 636 Member
    At our high school the colleges send the information to the high school and they have a formal signing event at the school for the kids.
  • Mom22039Mom22039 Registered User Posts: 583 Member
    If you are thinking about next week's signing day, some NLIs seem to be enroute. I searched twitter for NLI today and saw some related tweets.
  • momof2010momof2010 Registered User Posts: 407 Member
    NCAA early signing period (one week for my sons sport) came about 2 days early with specific instructions not to sign until such and such a date.. NAIA school sent out plenty early as the signing day was not relevant.
  • njfootballmomnjfootballmom Registered User Posts: 520 Member
    I don't think everybody has it in hand on national signing day. That is just the first day, plenty sign later. Figure some might not even get official offers until the schools see who did and didn't actually sign. If you are waiting for one, don't sweat it. I know it would be neat to have it on the day, but it might just come later.
This discussion has been closed.