Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

do i have a chance of getting accept with a likely letter?

BabyPanda33BabyPanda33 Registered User Posts: 303 Member
edited August 2013 in Athletic Recruits
hey everyone,
i going to be a junior and i want to get recruited by HPS for women lightweight rowing. i got few bad grades in 10th grade Spanish class. the grades are 2C's and 2D's. the school does not average the Spanish grades, but it will be show on my transript. i will be taking chinese 2 in the fall and i'm going to try to get all A's. my overall gpa at the end of my junior will be a 4.0 and my SAT would be above 2250. i'm also will be taking 4 SAT subject test and 8APs.

possible rank: 10/988
i have 8 EC's

my 2k score is 7:40.
do i have a chance of getting accept with a likely letter?
should i take the SAT subject test for spanish to make up for the bad grades?
Post edited by BabyPanda33 on

Replies to: do i have a chance of getting accept with a likely letter?

• fogfogfogfog Registered User Posts: 4,056 Senior Member
    my overall gpa at the end of my junior will be a 4.0 and my SAT would be above 2250. i'm also will be taking 4 SAT subject test and 8APs.

No one can tell you about your chances re LL without your actual scores, GPA and ERG score at the time of recruiting. "WILL BE" is your hope, not a fact. Do the work and stay focused. Good luck
  • hangNtherehangNthere Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    Except in very rare cases, coaches don't recruit on goals and admissions doesn't evaluate applications based on expected grades. What someone hopes to achieve may or may not be realistic. In any case, there are enough recruits with strong athletic and academic credentials that it is unnecessary to consider those who are less qualified currently.

Unless you are truly outstanding in another sport, such as a sprinter who runs a 10 second 100 meters interested in football, recent performance in your sport is what matters the most.

Hopefully, you performance will match you expectations. Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.