Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Aid for year 2 and beyond

twoinanddonetwoinanddone Registered User Posts: 20,216 Senior Member
Last year my daughter signed her NLI in November, so while working on all the financial aid forms I knew what she'd be getting from the coach and how much other aid we would need. I realized in working on taxes and fafsa that I don't know how much she will be offered for next year or when I'll get that information. She plays a spring sport.

Does anyone remember when the discussion, if there was a discussion, for aid for the next year came up? She's at a D2 school so just one year scholarships are awarded. The coach had said it wouldn't go down if effort was there, yada yada, but I sure would like it if it went up, since I'm sure tuition and other costs will go up.

Replies to: Aid for year 2 and beyond

• varskavarska Registered User Posts: 1,430 Senior Member
    "...I sure would like it if it went up, since I'm sure tuition and other costs will go up."

That's why a scholarship that's awarded as a percentage of tuition/costs is a much better deal than a set dollar amount.

As for discussing scholarship renewal for the next school year, I think that discussion takes place prior to 7/1. Not sure if that's the case in DII also.
This discussion has been closed.