Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Long Jump and Triple Jump Goals for Ivy League Recruits?

sweeeteasweeetea Registered User Posts: 105 Junior Member
I do track and field in high school and I'm in varsity but my school isn't the best track and field school out there so I was wondering if any of guys know the recruiting marks for Yale or any other ivy league? (also I'm a girl).
Thanks!

Replies to: Long Jump and Triple Jump Goals for Ivy League Recruits?

• varskavarska Registered User Posts: 1,430 Senior Member
    Recruiting standards are just guidelines - some years a given team may be seeking LJ and TJ, and some years it may not be a priority. Also, the oft-given advice of checking the rosters to see what the current kids at that school are doing can be misleading. If school has jumpers that are going a foot lower than everyone else in the conference, it doesn't mean they want to continue recruiting kids at that level. Every coach wants to score points at heps.

That said - a good basic standard for LJ and TJ for potential female Ivy recruits would be 18' and 37'11" IMO
    http://www.tier1athletics.org/2014/08/06/track-field-recruiting-standards-ivy-league/
  • sweeeteasweeetea Registered User Posts: 105 Junior Member
    Thank you! This was very helpful! I actually looked at previous rosters, but seeing as they aren't helpful, I'm glad I bumped into this post.
This discussion has been closed.