So its been a dream of mine to play D1 baseball for a while now. I'm a sophomore in high school and I really have no idea where I would like to play ball or what a good school would be for me. I've looked around and all the colleges that I like either seem to advanced academically or too elite athletically. Basically, I'm just here for some recommendations in terms of what schools (or kind of schools) I should be targeting.
I would ideally like to play D1, but D2 would still be fantastic. I'm not really interested in D3 unless there are some pretty legit academics. I'm interested in engineering. Here are my stats:
- Pitcher Only, right handed
- 5'9" 145 lbs (in process of gaining weight)
- fastball is 81- 83 mph (max 85) <
this is up from 62 mph beginning of freshman year and still increasing pretty quickly
- curveball is around 71 <---- This is my best pitch
- splitter is about the same, maybe a little slower <
still working on this pitch
- I've only played on my freshman team so far (1.50 era per 9 innings)
- 92 UW GPA out of 100 (Hope to get up to 93.5 by end of junior year)
- PLAN test predicted a 32 ACT (Gonna study a lot and hope for a 34)
- Decent EC's other than baseball (eagle scout, NHS, etc.)
So all I want is recommendations and some tips on how to go about the recruiting process and getting noticed. I know this sounds a little bit like a "chance me" thread and I really hate those things but I'm just looking for a little bit of advice and really have no idea where I stack up (am I aiming too high?).
Thanks in advance :D