Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Overnight visit LAC D3?

grandprimegrandprime Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
Hi. I'm planning on going on an official visit to Bowdoin next week. The coach informed me that I would be able to swim at the pool at certain hours if I would like. However, at the moment, I haven't been swimming on a regular basis since August and I am not in shape (gained weight + swimming-wise). Would it be ok if I didn't swim during my overnight visit? Obviously, I would not be swimming with the team but on my own at the pool. Thank you for any and all replies!!

Replies to: Overnight visit LAC D3?

• twoinanddonetwoinanddone Registered User Posts: 14,090 Senior Member
    The coach shouldn't know if you swim or not (they aren't supposed to watch or coach). I'm sure he just told you the times available since many who are in training would not like to miss a workout for an entire weekend.
  • grandprimegrandprime Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    @twoinanddone i see..It's just that I've been busy trying to raise my grades for the quarter before early school deadlines so I haven't been swimming on a daily basis for the past month. Thanks for your input!
  • AsleepAtTheWheelAsleepAtTheWheel Registered User Posts: 1,273 Senior Member
    @grandprime -- you might be a bit careful about naming specific schools on these public threads, at least until the deal is all wrapped up.
    No harm here, but you might just let this thread wither away.

P.S. You certainly don't need to swim there, and you need not explain why.
  • grandprimegrandprime Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    edited October 2015
    @AsleepAtTheWheel Thanks, I'll make sure to do so (kind of new to posting stuff)
This discussion has been closed.