Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Decision time

bdaub4bdaub4 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
I'm currently a senior and I'm being recruited for baseball by Lebanon Valley College and Albright College but I feel like I might be a better fit at a bigger university like temple. Would it be better from an academic prospective to go to LVC or Temple? Looking to major in economics.

Replies to: Decision time

• nhparent9nhparent9 Registered User Posts: 162 Junior Member
    Does Temple have interest in you for Baseball?
  • gointhruaphasegointhruaphase Registered User Posts: 351 Member
    Doubtful that Temple baseball has an interest, since Temple axed both baseball and softball (as well as some other athletic teams). Quite a shame, really.
  • bdaub4bdaub4 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Yeah baseball would only be club possible, no baseball there
  • OldbatesieDocOldbatesieDoc Registered User Posts: 1,908 Senior Member
    You should go to Temple if you would be happier there, and have a better chance of getting the education you need to be successful in life.Doesn't sound like baseball should be the number one factor in deciding on a college for you. Many kids quit sports after a year or two-coach leaves, not enough playing time, get injured, or just don't want to spend the time. Unless you are an o;Olympic hopeful or planning a professional athletic career, athletics should be secondary, not primary, when choosing a college.
This discussion has been closed.