Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

One bad semester-Am I doomed?

Shakeitoff21Shakeitoff21 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
I've not seen this specific problem addressed so here goes.

To preface, I was seen on campus at a showcase, invited to another camp, given a written evaluation by the HC along with the offer to get a pre-read. I'm backwards...ACT 33 but GPA 3.4 uw. Failed an online class sophomore year that I should never have taken as I didn't need it and didn't have to retake. Not a core class. I have plenty of units to graduate.

Anyway, HC expressed that the transcript may not be viewed high enough by admissions. This is a top 10 school. I applied ED anyway as this is the school I want. Told HC and sent a copy of my application to HC who has been a little non-responsive but asked for fall schedule which I sent. I'm dual enrolled and this semester currently carrying all As in 6 classes. When I asked about him supporting me through admissions,HC says he's not sure any of the sports have much pull with admissions this year but sees me contributing my freshman year.

Then I don't hear from him again much. I don't think it's my baseball skills holding me back. Any coach mind readers out there?
This discussion has been closed.