Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Track & Field

MegaQuon23MegaQuon23 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
I am currently a Sophomore that attends Oxford High School in Oxford,Ms and a member of the OHS Track Team. I joined the team last year after the Varsity Basketball season so that is why I haven't competed in other events. But I got put out at North Half in the 200 & my 4 x 2 team won 5A coming in First overall with a time under 130.00.
PRs
100:11.66
200: 23.02
4x2: 129.32

Replies to: Track & Field

• varskavarska Registered User Posts: 1,430 Senior Member
    Not bad. Anything in particular you want to know?
  • MegaQuon23MegaQuon23 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I would like to know how to get more exposure
  • mnemophobicmelonmnemophobicmelon Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Do you know what specific schools you might be interested in? If so, the best thing you can do this year would be to focus on maintaining your grades and setting yourself up for strong junior year. Find the websites of the schools you are interested in, and look for athletic recruitment questionnaires to fill out. You'll be asked to provide personal, academic, and athletic information. Doing this will help you get on the coach's radar, and if they like you, they will do their best to get in touch with you and to monitor your progress. You can also find the email of a program's coach and get in touch with them directly. Some of them like to see the initiative. I wish you the best of luck, and keep us posted!
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone Registered User Posts: 20,243 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Delete (wrong thread)
    Alright preciate that, at the MLK Classic at the Birmingham Crossplex I ran a 7.06 in the 60m earning me 3rd place in the finals after at first posting a 7.07 to win the prelims
This discussion has been closed.