Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is this the equivalent of a LL?

SwimMom2016SwimMom2016 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
My DD is a recruit at a D3 LAC and she applied ED. She received an email from the coach the other day that indicated the admissions staff is aware she is a recruit and hopefully in the next couple of weeks she should be hearing great news. This school is her first choice and she is very nervous.

Replies to: Is this the equivalent of a LL?

• AboutTheSameAboutTheSame Registered User Posts: 3,019 Senior Member
    Not really a Likely since not from admissions but should be taken as excellent news in any event. I don't think the coach would be telling her to expect great news unless he had a sound basis for doing so. I would definitely he knows which of his prospies are on the accept list.
  • varskavarska Registered User Posts: 1,430 Senior Member
    A true LL is from the admissions office and says something along the lines of. "Congratulations, you can expect a positive notification on the official date provided that you maintain your grades, etc" So your daughter's email isn't really equivalent to a LL, but in the world of D3 athletics, that's about as positive of an indication as you can expect.
This discussion has been closed.